Friday, January 7, 2011

Ant scuplture inspiration

I love conversational art.
The unexpected element of......What in the world!!!!
I was inspired by an artist by the name of Joseph Paragine who is responsible for this cool art display at the Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport in Atlanta Ga.

So began my ant sculpture quest....

They come in all different sizes, What do you think? Is this too big for my living room?

Are you itchy yet?

ahhh hah! Just the right size!

These are little outdoor patio wire ants I purchased at a local hobby and crafts store. They weren't more than a few dollars a piece.

1)I marked the wall where I wanted them

2)I bent the little legs

3) Drilled three to four little holes in the wall where I wanted the legs to go in

and there you have it.

I nestled them in the corner, again, I want that element of .... Surprise!!

I have had many reactions from the heeby jeebees to the shock look on peoples faces.

Ciao for now

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tifanny Blue room with Trellis Stencil

BEHOLD! The POWER of PAINT!!! Before     This boring room is getting a makeover               Before                    ...